All Together Better Sunderland ‘show and tell’ will describe the journey so far as Multispeciality Community Provider (MCP) vanguard.
Divided into eight specialist areas, delegates are invited to come along to hear a realistic account of the benefits and challenges of delivering a new model of care in a city with high deprivation and 3% of its population using around half of the health and social care resource.
Delegates can rotate around four, table-based presentations during the day where a 45 minute session will describe the journey relating to that specialism (so 2 delegates from one organisations can visit all tables between them).
The Eight Pillars include four operational functions and four enablers supporting delivery. They are:
- Recovery at Home – 24/7 multi-agency community based response from a single hub with telephone triage and two community bed units.
- Community Integrated Teams – bringing a range of health and social care professionals together with 3rd sector partners and practices to lead and develop a multi-disciplinary team approach to developing individual health and social care plans.
- Enhanced Primary Care – how the Sunderland GP Alliance delivers a range of projects at practice level using technology and new ways of working to tackle high dependency patients in the city.
- MCP – developing a single organisational model – transitioning from ‘providers’ to provider.
- Care Homes technology – how new technologies are enabling care home staff manage care and pre-empt urgent and emergency situations for residents.
- Digital solutions – the journey so far to interoperability across a range of provider partners.
- System Leadership and the people side of change – developing managers and supporting teams through change to ensure they are equipped to sustain truly integrated working into the future and prepare for the potential of being a single organisation.
- Communications and engagement – supporting both staff and the public to understand the new care model, ensuring engagment and involvement through change.
Futures dates will appear here
Our last event was on Tuesday 7 February, 2017
FAQs and additional information to follow soon